
... like the mountains in Fresno ...
(Actually this isn't an entry about mondegreens, but since it's kind of an entry about John Denver, I couldn't help using the lyrics to "Annie's Song" as heard by two friends from high school.)
G and I whizzed past this sign on our way to lunch yesterday, and she reminded me about the first time I saw it. My BIL Bill happened to be in the car at the time, and there may have been some *commentary* about it.
Fast-forward almost a year: Bill and I are in Central Park with Simon and G. We sit on a park bench. All the benches in Central Park are donated by someone in honor of someone else or something. Any guesses who the bench is in memory of?
At the time I Googled "Friends of John Denver" and found a list of sites dedicated to his memory. Unfortunately I couldn't find it this morning, or I'd be posting the link.
Needless to say, there are hundreds or even thousands of people out there doing good works in the name of John Denver. If I run across any others, I will be posting pictures of them. And if any of you readers encounter one, I'd sure appreciate photographic evidence, which I will happily post with credit!
No comments:
Post a Comment