Saturday, August 25, 2007

Off to College

This was going to be an entry about four special people. (That would be “special” in a “Mr. Rogers-says-you-are-the-only-you” way, not in the “eats-paste-and-blurts-inappropriate-comments” sense … hmmm, maybe the latter does apply to one of them …) It was going to have pictures and sentimental observations about each of them. But then I realized that would be too cringe-inducing …

So I’ll just say that as they head off to their respective college campuses this year, I don’t have quite the same lump in my throat that I have in the past few years. It is so exciting to watch their “becoming.” They help make me view my own kid’s growing out of childhood with joyfulness, instead of sadness that my Poohtie Pie is disappearing. Here's hoping my four special people have a good year!




(Identities obscured to protect the innocent)

No comments: