Monday, May 14, 2007

The Lazy Gardener

Lots of people ask what our garden is like. It makes me laugh, because I do not ♥ gardening. While I do love flowers and fresh produce, I hate dirt, weeds, bugs and physical labor (especially in the hot sun).

G on the other hand started lobbying for a garden almost as soon as she could talk. My compromise to this wish was to buy containers and planters of various sizes and let her plant in them. When there is the stray weed to pluck or other maintenance, we can cart them into the shade. It is gardening for lazy people like me.

G planting cosmos, petunias and marigolds in a barrel at the corner of the porch. (My Happy Boy sat in the tree and serenaded the whole time.)


Maike guarding tomatoes (white buckets) and flowers from flies and bees. The chimes spell GARDEN (a gift from my SIL Kayleen), there to remind folks what they're looking at.

No comments: