One of the playlists on my iPod is called "Merry Little Christmas." I am collecting as many covers of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" as I can find, because to me of all of the seasonal songs it has the widest range of interpretation. Dan and G think I am nuts, but Joe helped me out tonight and gave me seven more, bringing my total to 15*. Of course Judy Garland's version is first on the list, with James Taylor's right behind it, because I prefer my Little Christmas melancholy. *For enquiring minds: Judy Garland, James Taylor, Frank Sinatra, Rosemary Clooney, Linda Ronstadt, Carpenters, Amy Grant, Shawn Colvin, Gloria Estefan, Carly Simon, Julianne Hough, Kenny G, Kenny Loggins, Michael Bolton and Neil Diamond. I would love to add Chrissie Hynde's and The Muppets' versions, as well as any of the old crooners like Andy Williams and Perry Como, as well as any really dreadful versions (since I already have a few of those).
1 comment:
Hello after long time no talk!
You might check out the version on this page
http://www.thesoulcaptives.com/strangemanor/06/
You'll have to scroll to the bottom to reach Have Yourself a Merry Christmas.
enjoy
Miles
Post a Comment