In the past we've talked about making candles from the beeswax from our honey harvest, but never done it. (I even bought a book about it.) So this year we gave the beeswax to some friends so it didn't just sit around. We got a call yesterday inviting G to come over because they had all the paraphernalia to make candles. It is not as hard as I thought -- it just takes a little time and patience. The smell is not as sweet as you might expect, but more vaguely spicy. The kids had a blast making and shaping hand-dipped candles. One more activity to balance out going-back-to-school time in the future!
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Her Own Beeswax
In the past we've talked about making candles from the beeswax from our honey harvest, but never done it. (I even bought a book about it.) So this year we gave the beeswax to some friends so it didn't just sit around. We got a call yesterday inviting G to come over because they had all the paraphernalia to make candles. It is not as hard as I thought -- it just takes a little time and patience. The smell is not as sweet as you might expect, but more vaguely spicy. The kids had a blast making and shaping hand-dipped candles. One more activity to balance out going-back-to-school time in the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment