Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back Online

We've been offline for a few weeks because we were on vacation. Then when we came back, the unthinkable occurred: A "Disk Read Error" screen appeared. The new hard drive Dan installed in May does not want to come back online. He has all our files double-backed up, so the only thing I will probably end up losing is emails from May through August. Right now I am using the old hard drive, which has its limitations because we replaced it because we needed more space.

While we were away, the fox picked off all but one of our yard chickens and eight chickens we are raising in a coop (that's more than 25 chickens). Setting up a human hair- and "pee-rimeter" has its limitations, I guess.

This past week G was busy with peer mentor training and registration. This is the last full week of vacation for her; next week she has orientation for "her" fifth graders and Open House. She got her schedule, and we are both pretty happy with it. Six of her seven teachers are known quantities and range from good to fabulous, so we're hoping for a good year.

As I get a chance I will post photos from our vacation "Out East." We used my mom and dad's as a base and did day trips.

No comments: