Monday, March 10, 2008

Wii-Ha!

We've been trying to buy a Wii since the week after Christmas. We (foolishly, erroneously) thought that they'd be easy to get once the holidays were over. Finally yesterday, despite Daylight Savings Time and the fact that Dan was out of town, G & I went to stand in line in the cold before Best Buy opened to see if we could get one of the "minimum of 15" advertised in the Sunday flyer. (I keep reading that Wiis are big with senior citizens, but the only other people there matched the demographic of the Star Trek Convention I attended in 1994.) Fortunately the manager at the store was a decent sort ... as people lined up he'd come out and hand out tickets for a unit to be claimed before noon, so you could go and do something else until the store opened. We got ticket 12, which G took as A Sign, since she was getting it for her 12th birthday. I couldn't figure out how to hook it up, so we had to wait for Dan to get home this evening. G & I played tennis, bowling and boxing. What a blast! We are already planning the add-ons!

No comments: