Woohooooo ... only 10 more days until Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is released! To say this is a much-anticipated event here at Rainbow Hill is a gross understatement. We've discussed what is going to happen in Book 7 so much over the last few weeks that I've started to keep a list of our predictions. I won't list them here, but if you really want to know, email me and I'll send them to you! Dan, G and I have all read each book (sometimes multiple times) and listened to the audiobooks too many times to count. (We have to do something during our 14-hour car trips to my folks' place.) We'd heard the American versions by Jim Dale so many times that we now own Stephen Fry's British versions as well.
G and I ran into the owner of our local independent bookstore, where we have attended Harry Potter parties. Our conversation prompted me to come home and root through pictures of Potter parties past. It will have to sustain me until 12:01 a.m. on July 21st!
My first HP party at our local indy bookstore in 2000 with my niece Ellie. We were daunted by a line of about 50 people. (In 2005 it was almost 1,000 people long!)
Dan, G and I met Gilderoy Lockhart at G's first HP party in 2003. Lucius Malfoy, Luna Lovegood, Bellatrix LeStrange, Ron Weasley, Fred Weasley (with Skiving Snackbox), Hermione Granger & Ginny Weasley showed up at Rainbow Hill in 2005.
No comments:
Post a Comment